Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd burning/drive problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 laneck

laneck

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

Hi . i hope someone can help me on this . i have a problem burning dvds with 3rd party software like nero/ashampoo as they show my dvd drive as not available but inbuilt burner in windows explorer lets me burn files to dvd . i am using vista home premium on a sony vaio laptop . cds burn fine with 3rd party software just not dvds . i have already uninstalled drive via device manager also cleared out any sofware that might cause any conflicts that i could think of .thanks

Edited by laneck, 03 November 2008 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Try Imgburn, Much better:
http://www.imgburn.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 laneck

laneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

Try Imgburn, Much better:
http://www.imgburn.com/

hi garmanma thanks for replying .unfortunately that didnt help me . got an error Failed to Write Sectors 1504 - 1535 - Reason: Peripheral Device Write Fault/Illegal Mode For This Track . problem still remains . thanks

Attached Files

Edited by laneck, 03 November 2008 - 12:54 PM.

#4 laneck

laneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:10 AM

After alot of google work found the problem to be related to alcohols virtual drive conflicting with 3rd party burning software . Even after uninstalling alcohol 120% the device remained in hardware manager . After reinstalling an older version the problem dissapeared . and now nero lite /ashampoo burning studio are burning dvds again.

Edited by laneck, 04 November 2008 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users