Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I no longer recommend Ubuntu or Macintosh

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

http://www.helpmerick.com/i_no_longer_reco...r_macintosh.htm
I no longer recommend Ubuntu or Macintosh
Submitted by Rick on May 20, 2008 - 8:53pm.

* Riding Shotgun with Rick

If I keep recommending Linux/Ubuntu and Apple Macintosh to my customers, I will have to find another line of work.

Admittedly, I came to the Linux table very late (just over a year now) and have only been luke warm to Macintosh over the years. Windows Vista put me over the edge last year, and I started looking seriously at other operating systems. What I found in both Ubuntu and Mac OSX was an extremely stable, secure, easy-to-use operating system. I estimate that over the past 18 months or so, I have recommended and help setup more than 2 dozen Apple computers or Linux computers that I either installed Ubuntu on or were bought new.

With only one exception (a woman who missed her AOL software), all have stayed with their new non-Windows machines and have thrived. They report nothing but computer bliss with their systems and never regretted jumping from bloated, bug riddled, slow Microsoft software.

However, their computer bliss and lack of problems has translated into drastically reduced troubleshooting visits from me and zero calls to tech support centers in Pakistan. If I keep recommending and guiding people into these machines, my business will almost dry up and third world tech support agents will also lose their jobs. So, please, disregard all my past advice regarding Ubuntu or Mac, and stay with Windows...preferably Windows Vista. I need to feed and clothe my family, fill my vehicles with petrol and "Mary" and "Bob" need to do the same for their families in Pakistan and India.

Just say NO to stable, safe, error-free computers running Ubuntu or Mac OSX and help the world economy by investing in a Windows Vista computer and the subsequent maintenance and repair dollars for the Vista machine !
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

So you are the person who is causing the economy to slow down!

Shame on you.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

So he's the guy we all need to pelt with rancid tomatoes? Good. My tomatoes have just reached their optimum rancidness-to-firmness ratio.

buddy, you were sooo close to getting slapped upside your head :thumbsup: . Good thing I read the whole post and not just the title!

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 20 December 2008 - 04:22 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Sorta like leaping from the sauna into the snow. True "gotcha" title.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

So he's the guy we all need to pelt with rancid tomatoes? Good. My tomatoes have just reached their optimum rancidness-to-firmness ratio.

So long as you have those, I still have my smelly boots for some "boot to the head" action :thumbsup:

But I agree with Amazing Andrew on this one. You almost got slapped on the back of the head. .....of course, I've never used Macs or Unbuntu on a daily basis....only maybe once or twice....

Edited by scff249, 20 December 2008 - 04:53 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

"boots to the head" require me to sing the "Boot to the Head" song. Fair warning: cover your ears.

#7 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

:thumbsup: There's a song to it? I only know of the comedy script done by The Frantics, which someone used the audio to some game sprites (which was done in a near perfect fashion).

Edited by scff249, 20 December 2008 - 05:01 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#8 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

If you are in a singing mood, this site may be of interest to you. You can record with "The King".
http://www.singwiththeking.com/

I sent the "I no longer recommend Ubuntu or Macintosh" to the Obama Economy Team. I am sure it will get the attention it
deserves. Maybe I will get an invite to one of the Inauguration parties. The 20th is my birthday.

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

:thumbsup: There's a song to it?

seek here for guidance: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/235688

#10 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

"A Boot To The Head"------contains negative "W" images to suck up to the Liberals.........I like it.

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

buddy, you were sooo close to getting slapped upside your head. Good thing I read the whole post and not just the title!

Good thing I read the article, too. I was a little confused by the title, of why anybody would not recommend either system (well except for gaming and MS-specific software).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users