Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tired of the tiny text here?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Parrish

Ray Parrish

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hello,

I've been reading these forums for just a short while, but it was difficult as the text was tiny, gray and on a bright background. I had to highlight the text with my mouse so I could see it well enough to read it.

Fortunately I use the Firefox browser, and just today I learned about a plugin for
Firefox called Stylish. This tool lets you create a style sheet for a web site that changes the way it looks.

It took quite a bit of scrolling down through the CSS sheet for the web site to discover the parts of it that needed to be imported into Stylish and modified to get the site to look the way I wanted it to, but now I am happy as the text has been bumped up to 16px size and is now all black.

I also have the Web Developer plugin for Firefox which makes it a no brainer to get the style sheet from a web site so you can then modify it with Stylish to your liking. Stylish will even block ads if that's what you want, but I don't know how to do that with it yet.

To get Stylish go here -

http://www.techbangalore.com/re-design-the...efox-extension/

Once you have it installed, you can get my customization of Bleeping Computer's web site here -

http://userstyles.org/styles/11766

No more eye strain while reading the forums!

Later, Ray Parrish

Edited by Ray Parrish, 03 November 2008 - 07:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

You can easily increase the font size in your browser.
Posted Image

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

I use both XP and VISTA OS's. When I have a problem with small font I just hold the 'Ctrl' key and rotate my mouse wheel to increase/decrease the size. I only use the Ff3 browser also.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to BC!

#5 Ray Parrish

Ray Parrish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:42 PM

Welcome to BC!

Thanks! I've just spent most of the day reading the Web Site Development forum and have actually found answers to a few of the things I've been wondering about implementing on my web site but didn't know exactly how. Now I do, whoopee!

I already knew how to use the scroll wheel to enlarge the font, but it was also gray and the size only sticks for the page you're on so it's a drag to have to keep doing it each time I load a new page. Now the whole site looks the same no matter how many pages I load.

Later, Ray Parrish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users