Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would the need to replace the coolant in a liquid cooling system cause a computer to not start up?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lusitanian

Lusitanian

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

My computer stopped working recently and I heard from my cousin that i may have to replace the coolant in my liquid cooling system but im not sure that thats the problem..., so i was wonderin if that could actually be the problem. The problem in itself is that i go and press the power button, everything seems to recieve power, all the lights go on etc., except for the liquid cooling system, it stays off. Then, after awhile of sitting there, three beeps come from my computer and the cooling system then turns on and begins to run., If anyone can answer my question or help me with the problem i would be very happy, my computer has been down for a week now >.<, srry if i posted in the wrong spot im new >.>, by the way i have an aquagate s1 liquid cooling system, i have some other system specs on my profile if u need any other info just ask and ill post =) thanks for readin and for any help u give

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

Are you sure that both the impeller and external fan are working?
http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/a/Liq...ooling.htm?rd=1
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Lusitanian

Lusitanian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

the fan for the cooling system and power supply dont turn on, they stay off up until about 30 seconds after the computers been runnin (whereas it starts running instantly) and then the cooling fan only turns on and im not sure if the impeller is working sounds like it is, i havent changed the computer since ive had it (January 2007) so i thought it was strange that id go to turn it on one day and this would happen....

Edited by Lusitanian, 02 November 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Without a hands on, I can't help more. Liquid cooling can be be a PITA. I suspect an impeller problem.

#5 Lusitanian

Lusitanian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

u may actually be right, it sounded a little strange when i really gave it a listen today, seemed to make a strange noise but im not sure if its that or the video card fan, thanks for the replies and may i ask y u think the power supplies fan isnt turning on?

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Might be such. Hang on, another here might provide more info. I'm new to the liquid cooled game.

#7 Lusitanian

Lusitanian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

o ok, thanks i would greatly appreciate it

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

What are you temperatures looking like?

Are there any sharp bends in the tubing?

Have you tried adjusting the fan speed control?

Can you see any air bubbles in the coolant?

Is the three pin connector firmly seated on the motherboard?

Have you tried plugging the power connector into another source, an adapter to a molex connector for instance?

The manual for this is sparse at best on information regarding the power connector. Being a three wire connection one of those wires should be the sense which tells it when to turn on. If this is the case your motherboard is what controls the on/off function of the cooler.

Just curious here, have you looked in the Event Viewer to see what errors are appearing at the time that the computer is shutting down?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 02 November 2008 - 10:47 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Lusitanian

Lusitanian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

thanks for all the help, i did end up finding the problem, not specifically, but the cooling system itself was on the fritz and it may have also lead to my motherboard overheating and sustaining some damage, also it looks like some coolant leaked on the video card, not a lot so im not sure if it sustained any damage but as things are now my computer needs some hefty repairs, everything there is under warranty still so it wont be too big of a hassle, thanks again for your help i really do appreciate someone helping me out, no one else had any ideas at all lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users