Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 'noise' and Internet Explorer issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 St_Anger

St_Anger

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Hi all,

It's certainly been a while since I posted here, your incredible services are required once more!

First of all, this will turn into a semi-rant topic in which I will be accusing Bill Gates of building my computer purely to annoy me. However, I have some browser issues I hope you can help me with.

Firefox
OK, so I use firefox normally because I am used to it and under the illusion that it is somehow safer (i did include the word illusion so let's not debate what's safe and what's not please). Sometimes, when a page is loaded, Firefox makes a weird 'noise'. It's almost as if it's trying to be the equivalent of the IE 'click' sound, except it's like a DJ scratching a record. It's an odd sound to explain and I won't be able to catch a recording because I don't have a mic. It seems to me as if the program itself is corrupt and simply decides to make this odd noise whenever it feels like it. It disrupts songs, especially when I'm listening to music loud and is just generally annoying. I know the obvious thing may be to uninstall and re-install Mozilla, however, I will lose all my bookmarks! Or will I? I have alot. Any ideas?

Internet Explorer
Again, forgive me if this gets a little exaggerated or sarcastic - this is the second time i've had to write this post out because another IE window opened with some lovely useless information on some crap and as THIS window was not in the forefront of the screen and the popup was, I hit Alt+F4 and THIS window disappeared - angry. Anyway, I 'upgraded' my IE browser to what is apparently the latest version of this wonderfully boring browser that attacks with me little windows trying to explain faster ways of doing things, when all i want to do is browse normally! I digress. My question is: is there a way to stop the actual process 'iexplore.exe' from running on my computer? This will hopefully prevent frustrating popups that bog my already slow computer down.

P.S.
So I revert to my original statement: is it possible Bill Gates has created this computer for the purpose of bleeping me off to the point where I see red and the rest of my memory for about thirty minutes or so is a hot flash of fury? For example: i try and load up my word processor at 21:15 and it finally loads at 21:18. Or i load iTunes at 13:10 and it appears at 13:16? Another example, i press the eject button on my DVD drive thing, wait about 10 seconds and nothing happens, so I press it again and it opens then closes before I can take out/put in a disc.

I apologise for my sarcastic/angry post.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

I apologise for my sarcastic/angry post.

I appolagise for my reply, :thumbsup:

#3 St_Anger

St_Anger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

^^ Thanks.

Bump for suggestions.

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

See if you might be infected:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

#5 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

Just so you know, you won't lose your FF bookmarks from a reinstall. I have reinstalled mine before and it even kept my add-ons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users