Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Control

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CJ Hutton

CJ Hutton

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

If anyone can help, I would appreciate anything you can do. When playing a game whether online or a cd, the screen minimizes on its own and I have to open it again from the the bottom tray. Even trying to type this information is a challenge. I will be typing and all of a sudden my cursor is gone and I have to left click my mouse on the line to get my cursor back. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

What other programs are running when this happens?
Try closing the running programs one-by-one until the behavior stops - then you've found the culprit.
If closing them all still doesn't stop it, then we'll have to delve deeper into the OS to find out what's stealing the focus.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 CJ Hutton

CJ Hutton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

John;
The only things that are running are Kaspersky Anti-virus and Registry Mechanic to my knowledge. I have shut everything else

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

Take a look at what's running in the Processes tab of Task Manager (make sure you check "show processes for all users").
I'm not a great fan of Registry programs - so I'd suggest closing Registry Mechanic until this is fixed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 CJ Hutton

CJ Hutton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:16 PM

John;
I went to the process tab, and made sure I checked "all users" and here is everthing listed:
alg.exe Local Service
svchost.exe Local Service
svchost.exe Owner
soundman.exe Owner
avp.exe Owner
jusched.exe Owner
ctfmon.exe Owner
msimn.exe Owner
taskmgr.exe Owner
ieexplorer.exe Owner
system idle process system
system system
smss.exe system
bgsvcgen.exe system
avp.exe system
csrss.exe system
winlogon.exe system
services.exe system
Isass.exe system
svchost.exe system
nvsvc.exe system
aawservice.exe system
spoolsv.exe system
svchost.exe system
agU3QA6C.exe system
iexplore.exe system
wuauclt.exe system
32 processes running CPU usage ranges from 0- 4%
Wait a minute!!! It just spiked to 90% usage and another "iexplore.exe" popped up on the list, disappeared and then the CPU usage went back to 0%
I don't understand what happened, but I do know that as soon as it spiked. I could no longer type because my cursor was gone. I left clicked on the mouse and got it back.
I hope this information gives you something to go on.
Curt

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

Msimn.exe is OE email...maybe it downloaded some files, creating the spike.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/bgsvcgen.exe.html

AgU3QA6C.exe draws a blank from Google.

Louis

#7 CJ Hutton

CJ Hutton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

I ran the tool, and quarantined the file, and it is working fine now. Thank you so much for your help and your knowledge. You have taken the weight of the world off my shoulders. The techs at Kaspersky were useless.
Thank you so much,
Curt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users