Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hi everybody!! I just barely found out about this site, and by judging by how helpful you guys can be I have no doubt that you will all have some helpfor me too. Anyways, I'm running a Dell Dimension Desktop 4550, with a P4 2.53ghz, 1 gb of DDR, with XP home, which is watched by Norton Internet Security 2004, with aids from Webroot SpySweeper and Ad-Aware SE. I can be friendly at times, though most people know me to be rude and ignorant. Thats all for me, till next time.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

Welcome, legoman786.

I can be friendly at times, though most people know me to be rude and ignorant.

yeah, I know what you mean, most people think of me as friendly, but I can be rude & ignorant at times to, usually when I've been trying to figure out some new Microsoft puzzle involving one to the many iterations of what they call Windows.

You'll be pleased to know we do understand some of the things involving computers around here, and what we don't we intend to find out. We share that inforamtion as it comes up, too. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

The whole key to this site is that its members are more than willing to share areas of expertise and experience (often of the trial-and-error kind) with one another. Given the complexity of modern computing, no one can be knowledgeable in every area, so we depend upon one another to "fill in the gaps."
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users