Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

canned websites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm a website building newbie, 90% ignorant and I would like to understand some things a bit better. I went to a website where you can build your own website and put it up for free. You select from a lot of templates and put up your pages and zoom off into the internet world. It was imressively easy and fun.

However, then came the wish to change some things and that's where my expertise ran out. The template I chose is nice, but it leaves a border all the way around the template of approximately one inch or more, so it simply looks like wasted space. At this particular site, it's possible to use RAW Html to change things about the site to be more the way you want it to. Is there any easy way to change a template to make it expand out to fill the whole browser screen maybe by diminishing the background space? The programming which they accept for changes is CSS.

Sorry, I realise this question may be too vague, but I'm open to any suggestions on what changes are possible once you use a template website design.

Zllio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

Hello Zllio, Do you have the current CSS that your site uses? CSS is Cascading Style Sheets, and that's pretty much what your website template is. If you can get us the CSS script then either me, or someone else, can help you out.
Also, a link to your site would help us better understand what exactly you need done.

Thanks,
-Aanders5

Edited by Aanders5, 02 November 2008 - 06:13 PM.

#3 Zllio

Zllio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

I want to reply back, because I don't like leaving things open. I ended up replacing the template and the problem with the edges was gone. I know that was the easy way out, but that's where I left it for now.

Thanks muchly!
:thumbsup:
Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users