Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slow Computer #2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JXBlack

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:39 AM

I originally posted in the WinXP section as "2 slow", a couple of days ago. I was directed to the "boopme" post about using Malwarebytes Anti Malware and as suggested by "bootme" I am posting the log below.

I doubt that 1 infected registry key can be the cause of the deterioration of my compuer, but perhaps someone could tell me how serious this particular key was?

Thanks agani for all your help

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1355
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

11/2/2008 5:25:03 PM
mbam-log-2008-11-02 (17-25-03).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 58409
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2ff811e6-8925-4084-a649-c159955e67e8} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

Hi JXBlack,

It is a browser helper object which means it's a hijacker but in this case the file is Xena toolbar. Most toolbars just change registry entries and act as Google while using the info you type in in a slightly suspicious way but this one redirects you to a number of fake security sites all of which will infect you further if you believe the claims and also provides a variety of pop-ups. Most importantly Xena is also part of the high risk Smitfraud infection.

It may only be one trojan but it's one of the worst. Check here for more
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users