Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sata conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 origamiboy

origamiboy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

hey all, just purchased a new sata dvd drive which works with windows (although I have to search and install new hardware each time I log on), but is not recognized by my bios at the boot up. Kinda weird. All it means is that I can only use the drive after I plug it in when windows is operating. If the drive is attached at boot, the screen freezes at the Intel Press f2 screen. If there are any thoughts as to why this would be happening, I would appreciate it.
Specs are Windows Xp home ed sp 2, Optiarc dvd rw ad s200s, mb Intel Duo D102GGC2. I've downloaded the latest drivers and updated the bios. I'm also running a sata hard drive that hasn't shown any problems at all.
I'm aware that some mother boards have difficulty using sata dvd drives, but I can't understand why it would be recognized in windows but not by the bios at start up. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 origamiboy

origamiboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

opps, new it would be something stupid. just confused the bios update by running it with the dvd drive connected. So upgraded fine. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users