Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mock US Presidential Poll '08!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Mock US Presidential Poll '08 (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Candidate do YOU choose as President of US?

1. Barack Obama (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. John McCain (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

3. Ralph Nader (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

4. Bob Barr (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

5. Charles Baldwin (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

6. Cynthia McKinney (2 votes [5.41%])

7. Alan Keyes (2 votes [5.41%])

8. Gloria La Riva (2 votes [5.41%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Obfuscated

Obfuscated

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

Just out of curiosity, I started this poll to see the stats on the presidential candidates in US!
Please feel free to take part even if you don't live in the US (if you are familiar with the candidates)
Note: Some very minor candidates not included.
Hope this goes well, and congrats to the winning candidate!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Seems like this post had gotten very little attention, I thought the speak easy community would have been all over this? :thumbsup:

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

If I saw this earlier, I probably would've voted for everyone, seeing as to the poll setup....since I apparently like to exploit weird things like this (such as the "ask me anything" topics on GFAQs that I occassionally run into)

Edited by scff249, 16 November 2008 - 05:36 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Where can I put a write-in?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Right after my favorite candidate. None of The Above :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

I wish the example ballots they use here in San Francisco were allowed to be used for real. For President of the United States the options are as follows:

George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
John Wilkes Booth
Peter Pan

and so forth. I'd vote for President Pan.

#7 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

There have been some elections (not presidential) where I have voted for Mickey Mouse or Scrooge McDuck, as the 2 final candidates were both exceptionally egregious or hopelessly incompetent. Some reformers have suggested placing a slot for "none of the above" on every ballot. This would be a reliable indicator of dissatisfaction with the candidates for that position or the status quo in general and would not invalidate a ballot which has many electoral positions and referenda on it, as we often have to fill out in California. There were well over a hundred candidates for governor in the election to recall Gray Davis, the then-Democratic governor of California, and resulted in a run-off between the democratic lieutenant governor, Cruz Bustamente, who was involved in a minor scandal, and the gubernator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has done a worse job than Gray Davis while remaining much more popular with the electorate. but then he didn't have Enron and fuel-price rigging to contend with during summer brownouts.

#8 Laffnmule's Lode

Laffnmule's Lode

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I wrote-in, and voted for Ron Paul. He was the only one that had a chance to get our nation back on the right track.

I often write-in, and vote for None of The Above.
Laffnmule's Lode

eMachines EZ1601-01; Intel Atom processor N270, speed ?; 1 GB RAM DDR2; 160 GB HDD; Built-in Graphics; Linksys Wireless Router, DSL modem; Windows XP Home Edition with SP3; mostly Google Chrome 16.0.912.77m, also IE 8.0.6001.18702; Yahoo Mail; Microsoft Security Essentials

#9 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

I would vote for H. Ross Perot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users