Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Security

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Over the past couple of weeks I've had a bothersome hacker cracking my WEP key multiple times and leeching my internet for free. I have attempted contacting the proper authorities, however, they say if I cannot offer any proof or an ip address they can't do anything.

I've noticed it when he started enforcing some DOS attacks on my wifi and locking my two laptops out of my network. I was able to reset my router and access it long enough to increase my security and implement a WPA2 key. This seemed to keep him at bay but I have noticed hes still trying to get in.

So... does any way have any program that I can monitor network connections and monitor who is trying to connect. Or a program that I can use to assign a network administrator that alerts me when ever a computer connects or attempts to connect?

Also one that can find this annoying hackers ip address so I can get rid of this guy for good!
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users