Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD debugging

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

Can some one send me the link on where the program is for debugging the minidump data, and a little guide on how to read 'em? I can't find it any where.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

You might try looking at this article.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

That's the exact one! Thanks!
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:38 AM

Just FYI, we've posted a more in-depth set of instructions in the Windows Mini-Guides forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

There's a lot of details involved with interpreting them (and a lot of guesswork for me). Most debugging info is written for programmers and there just isn't that much available for those of us who don't do programming (or don't want to spend $2,000 on a seminar). The most helpful things for me were actually reading the dump files and using the help files to explain what I was reading. Also, http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm is an excellent resource as the error messages are there in abbreviated form and are readily accessible.

Beyond that, there's a lot of help out there with Google searches - both for the error messages and the files that are mentioned in the dump report.

Edited by usasma, 02 November 2008 - 05:45 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the extra guide. :thumbsup:

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Usasma, I hadn't realized that you had finished the tutorial, it will be my first suggestion in the future! :thumbsup:

Nice job by the way.
dc3

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

Thanks, but a lot of the credit goes to Grinler.
It was his idea, and he refined my rough draft into something readable.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

Then kudos to both of you, it is a welcome addition!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users