Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What should I look for?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 buckoo-ziwei

buckoo-ziwei

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

Dear List,

My computer is a laptop Gateway 8510GZ with Intel Pentium M Processor 1.73GZ, 795 Mhz, 1.25GB RAM. I hope this is enough description...

Anyway, these last few days I have been surfing the internet looking for a baby Rottweiler, but this is beside the point. The point is, after a few moments of surfing on the same site, my computer lock up.

I want to know what to look for when it does this? My operating system is Window XP Service 2. I have Service 3 waiting to be installed but I'd rather not because I had installed it before and I lost my internet connection. I decided to wait. Then a few weeks after coming back from Australia, I decided to install it again. It did the same thing. I am really stupid when it comes to losing my internet connection so I do not want to take the risk of losing it again. We have DSL broadband here and I am directly connected to the network.

I know this is a broad question, but is there a way of knowing what to do when my internet access freezes. It only happens in Internet Explorer. It does not happen when I use Yahoo access, but then I do not like accessing Yahoo...Internet Explorer is my main access.

Thanks...

Iz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users