Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highlighted Icons and lost my internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan J

Dan J

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:54 AM

Good Morning. Somehow my icons on the desktop became highlighted when i was coping an image to the desktop to post to my student website. In the process I also lost my internet connection. I thought i would be smart and restart my computer. Duh save settings when closing. Prior to restarting I hit the esc. button but my icons stayed highlighted. I have read some previous comments about the performance settings on your computer and drop shadows on icons. My performance options are set to "let windows choose whats best for my computer" . Is there a way I restore to my previous settings?
Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Try using the System Restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users