Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Realtek HD Audio Manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shudokansam

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3L mobo that uses the program call "Realtek HD Audio Manager".

Several months ago, after several hours of trying, I was able to cchange some of the settings in the program allowing me to use my front audio ports on my computer as a 2nd audio Input/output device.

This allowed me to use a headset in games and vent similar to the way a Xbox headset works. (Only voices comes through your headset's speaker, and all game sounds come through your Tv/Comp speakers)

I recently reformatted my computer and since then I am unable to figure out how to change my settings where before I uninstalled it.

I figured out how to enable a 2nd audio output in the "Realtek HD Audio manager" program, but the only sound input that I am able to adjust are: Wave, SW Synth, and CD. And I am so far unsuccessful in adding any other Input types.

I know it is the same program, because It was installed from the same CD. and it is upto date.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Have you checked for ADVANCED buttons there, or in Control Panel SOUNDS, or in Start/All programs/Accessories/Entertainment?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 shudokansam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

The program disables all master volume adjustments.
Instead you adjust the volume through the program its self.

And all advance options simply allow to enable/disable mic boost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users