Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't view or open images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scrappydappy

scrappydappy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

I purchased a membership to a digital elements site (for scrapbooking) but the files seem to be unusable to me, and ONLY to me, since none of their other thousands of members encounters this problem and their customer service has never heard of it happening.

The files come zipped, so I unzip them like usual, and then they're all jpg or png files. The problem is when I try to browse the freshly unzipped files/folders through Windows Explorer OR through Photoshop 7 File Browser, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer or Photoshop. I get the generic "Explorer has encountered an error and must close...." error. This happens 95% of the time with jpg files, and 100% of the time with png files. And it doesn't matter what view I choose (thumbnails, list, details, etc.) Even if I click File-->Open in Photoshop...as soon as I click on one of those folders or files it immediately closes Photoshop, but I don't get any error messages.

ANY clue to why this is happening or how to fix it?? I have no spyware, viruses, or other issues. I'm running WinXP Home with 1GB ram, all updates current. I have all image files (gif, jpg, png, etc.) associated with Photoshop.

Help someone PLEASE???????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

Can you open these folders with any other program capable of viewing pictures? (Like even IE?)

Try downloading Picasso from Google. See if that app will view your pics.

Edited by Enthusiast, 04 May 2005 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users