Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Update Malware Bytes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yossarian23

yossarian23

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I have been running Malware Bytes to try to clean my system and it is finding problems. However, I cannot download any updates. I can download the program itself. And I have internet connectivity, albeit painfully slow as Dr.Watson and NIS are hogging my resources (NIS is not functioning properly either).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might update Malware Bytes?

I have major concerns since Rootkit.Agent appears to be one of the items lingering in my system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ahhmadd

ahhmadd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

if you not used lan, try this step:

internet explorer > tools > internet options > connections > settings > tick at 'automatically detect settings' only

:thumbsup:

Edited by ahhmadd, 08 February 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#3 davidmgray

davidmgray

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:12 AM

I have been running Malware Bytes to try to clean my system and it is finding problems. However, I cannot download any updates. I can download the program itself. And I have internet connectivity, albeit painfully slow as Dr.Watson and NIS are hogging my resources (NIS is not functioning properly either).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might update Malware Bytes?

I have major concerns since Rootkit.Agent appears to be one of the items lingering in my system.

This was posted on my thread and it does indeed MB with the latest definitions..

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exe

#4 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

NIS is not functioning properly either

Assuming this means you have not been able to fully update N.I.S .can you tell us how out of date your NIS definitions are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users