Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connetcting a Wireless router to the network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Auroara19

Auroara19

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

I have set up several of our press computers to run off of a wireless router so that we can move them from one press to the other. The router is set with WPA-PSK security. Now the computers see the wireless network and connect to it without an issue. What they are not doing is seeing the network. I have a novel netwrok and when I click on advanced beofre I log in, the tree is not there. When I try to browse to the tree it does not see it. Is there something that I have missed in the set up of either the router or the pc itself? How do I get connected to the network from here? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hi Aurora,

Welcome to BC. Can you please explain your problem more clearly.

Did you mean to say that computers to connect to your wireless but you cant see the SSID. Where are you trying advanced options.

Thanks.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 Auroara19

Auroara19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

ok I will try to explain it better....
1. I have 3 computers that are located on teh plant floor that are used between several different presses. They are on dollies and require mobility.
2. Hence I have set up a wireless router to enable these 3 pc's to connect to the internal network.
3. They see the wireless router and are able to connect to it without an issue. All of them are set up with WPA-PSK/TPKI secutiry with a password to get into the router.
4. The issue is the pc's can connect to the router and access internet (not really a function that is needed) but they can not access the company's network (ie the share drive where they have to download and upload data to)
5. We have had these working previously (they were set up about 2 years ago) and the router died on us. I replaced the router and configured the new router exactly the same way. But the pc's are still unable to connect to the Novell Network.

Any suggestions?

I will be checking the direct line into the router to make sure that cat5 cable has not gone bad just to rule that out as a possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users