Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAfee woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tr1

tr1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hi all
My mother in law has recently tried to uninstall Mcafee from her pc and now can't connect to the internet. The errors she gets relate to mskdetct.exe (unable to locate component) and sporder.dll (was not found). I've done a quick search on the internet and believe that one relates to McAfee Spam Killer and the other is a Windows file.

I suggested she try reinstalling McAfee but she can't find the disk. I'll get her to try a system restore later but have read that this is unlikely to work.

Can anyone tell me where I can get reliable copies of these files, where I need to put them and is installing them manually likely to work?
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

In addition to Add/Remove Programs, you need to use the McAfee removal tool at this link.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx...083&lc=1033

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users