Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Never Ending Symantec Email Popups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yossarian23

yossarian23

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

I am pretty sure I have a virus of some kind. The Symantec Email Proxy is constantly popping up. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the internet connection. I found XP Spyware 2009 on my computer today and was able to get rid of that using Malwarebytes' Anti Malware. When I run that program, it identifies other malware, most of which it is able to remove, but there is one file in my Windows/System32/folder -- xwpxlo.dll -- that it cannot get rid of. Anti Malware tells me to reboot to clean up this file, but when I reboot, the Anti Malware clean up program is disabled (TC Monitor alerts me to the registry change and that the Anti Malware cleanup is an expected value but does not show up).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by yossarian23, 31 October 2008 - 12:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yossarian23

yossarian23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

I ran Anti Malware again and detected new viruses. Again, I cannot get the Anti Malware to run clean up when I reboot as the virus seems to be screwing around with the registry.

I have run Anti Malware and ATF Cleaner several times. But the never ending Symantec Email Proxy keeps appearing. I even tried to disable scanning of outgoing emails, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by yossarian23, 31 October 2008 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users