Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did anyone get an update for Comodo Firewall?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

A while ago my version of Comodo updated to 3.5. After restart, the GUI of the firewall was slightly changed and the "Pro" in "Comodo Firewall" was dropped. Did anyone get this update too?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Lloyd T,

I just did a manual update of Comodo Firewall Pro today. It now identifies itself as Comodo Firewall. Comodo released Internet Security on 10/29/08 with added antivirus protection. It appears to have replaced Comodo Firewall Pro as a standalone product. An update of Comodo Firewall Pro will not include the new antivirus product. A clean install of Comodo Internet Security is necessary to include the antivirus product.

Comodo Internet Security Link:

http://www.comodo.com/news/press_releases/28_10_08.html

Edited by Justa, 03 November 2008 - 12:39 PM.

#3 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

I don't really need the "Internet Security" part. I've just noticed that the scan feature in Defense+ is missing.

#4 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

I never use the scan feature and did not notice that it was missing. I am sticking with Avira Personnel for antivirus protection and Comodo for my firewall as they are such good products. I would imagine Comodo will need time to build their virus database.

#5 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

I noticed an update come through on saturday, still only using Comodo for my firewall tho, like Justa i use Avira for my antivirus and will be sticking with this.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users