Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My browser doesn't open a couple of webpages which I could access before

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jilltaz8

jilltaz8

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Some websites don't load properly on Firefox and IE...?
My default browser is Firefox, and since last week both browsers fail to load deviantart.com and tv.com properly. First, it takes forever to load. Second, it does not load properly, (tables aren't there, pictures don't load properly, etc)

Help!

I am able to access both sites using a proxy, but I'd prefer a permanent solution. I used to surf both sites often previously. :S Now I'm unable to do so.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spyce

spyce

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

I have been having the same problem as you, so you're not alone. I was using FF 3.1b1, so, thinking it was an issue with that version of FF, I uninstalled it and rolled back to a previous version.. 3.0.3; unfortunately though I'm still having the problems.

But, since I already have a thread going, I'll get to it when my first issue has been resolved.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

EDIT:
Just thought I'd mention, what I do is clear out my cache when this problem arises, and it fixes the problem, but only temporarily. Usually within an hour or two, I'll get the same problem- no css elements applied to the site what so ever; everything out of alignment.. so it's temporary fix, but by no means permanent. Hopefully somebody else will have a better answer.

Edited by spyce, 30 October 2008 - 03:49 PM.

#3 jilltaz8

jilltaz8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Clearing the cache, and even deleting the cookies doesn't work for me. :thumbsup: Hope we can get a solution soon. :D

Edit: I've tried clearing the cache before and it didn't work for me. I cleared it after reading your post and it worked. :flowers: Don't know if it's also temporary so I'm not keeping my hopes up so I won't be disappointed

Edited by jilltaz8, 31 October 2008 - 03:41 PM.

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

Hi jilltaz8,

When I meet some unexpected problem, I usually try what I consider to be the easy solution, going back to an earlier restore point. The reason I do this, is because sometimes changes have been made to the registry which aren't easy to track down, and trying an earlier restore point from before the problem started may simply give me more information. If it doesn't work, it's easy enough to reverse back to the current restore point, no harm done.

If you decide to try this and haven't ever done it before, go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
A window will open up where you have the option to return the computer to an earlier restore point. Select that and then hit Next. In the calendar that comes up, go back to the October calendar and look for a highlighted date just prior to when you remember the problem starting. Click on one of those dates and follow the prompts. Be sure it's a date from before the problems started. It takes a couple of minutes and will probably reboot your computer for you.

Then try loading the websites again and see if the problem is still there.

If you still can't get the websites to load, then go through the same process above only choose the option to undo my last restoration.

Does this give you any more information?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users