Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problems with Roaming Profiles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jimboscomp

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I am a bit stumped here. Normally when I create a roaming profile in active directory, everything works great. Not this time. I have a client who's laptop crashed, before he had his profile on the network roaming just fine. After formatting and reinstalling Windows XP Professional, his profile would not roam. Other machines on the network, when he logs into them his profile synchs and roams, but not to his laptop. In fact, if you create a directory on one of the other computers, it puts it to the server. When you then log into his laptop, the server puts it on his laptop, BUT anything he creates on his laptop does not go back to the server. So it's running one way, from the server to the laptop, but not form the laptop to the server.

I am completely stumped here, I've checked everything from permissions to DNS servers on the laptop to anything I could really think of. Anyone have any suggestions?? THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users