Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:45 AM

Happy Halloween Everybody! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

It is here in Australia!

Posted Image

#3 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

Happy Halloween everyone even though it is quite Early for anyone who is less than 8 or 9 Hours ahead of GMT Time

Posted Image

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hoping everyone is having a great way today - and tomorrow (where I live) - have tons of treats on hand and took DSTM's advice and have a few rolls of coins on hand just in case we run out of treats. All ready for the excited little ghosts and scary creatures to come knocking!

Gentle reminder: One may want to keep their pets inside all day, especially if they are black kitties.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

Let you know what happens later today MaraM. It is already Halloween here. :flowers:
Both my cats are black. Thanks for the hint. :thumbsup:

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:00 AM

Halloween is not a big issue here in NZ, but one of the local groups runs what they call a LITE PARTY for kids of all ages. Black light disco, barbecue, face painting, etc. I have just got home, 10pm, from helping out putting up and taking down a number of bouncy castles.

It is great to see hundreds of kids together having fun in one place.

Edited by rowal5555, 31 October 2008 - 04:01 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#7 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

The Children cleaned me out of Candy and Coins.It's 9.30 PM here and all is quiet just now.
Indeed a happy time for them.All in costume,and had their little bags,for collecting the goodies in, and they were very polite this year.
Suppose all up, about 40 Children knocked on my door.
Some of the smaller children, had their Mothers with them,which I thought was a good idea. :thumbsup:

#8 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

Magic stuff, Mate!

It needs Common sense these days, by the Parents, unfortunately.

Most of the Kids around me have grown out of it.

10 years ago I used to get heaps of them.

:thumbsup:

#9 Brewster Down Under

Brewster Down Under

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

My Mr's bought two big bags of lollies and not one knock on the door

Guess we'll have to eat tem our selves :flowers:

Fogot hope your having a great birthday Abacus :thumbsup:

Edited by Brewster Down Under, 31 October 2008 - 06:40 AM.

Blame It On The Dog

#10 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:55 AM

Been a Magic one, Mate!

BTW I have a Black and Tan Pup and a White Dog!

Slabs of Coldies!

#11 Brewster Down Under

Brewster Down Under

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:08 AM

Did you notice in the BC birthday list roc 1911

99 today gotta be the oldest BC member
Blame It On The Dog

#12 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

david28(1)

got be the Youngest? He seems to be Banned?

Just a Hiccup, Mate!

Any thing can Happen on Halloween??

Have a Tinnie, Mate!

Edit. Here's a Laugh for you?

http://www.magick7.com/halloween/born-on-halloween.htm

:flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 31 October 2008 - 08:34 AM.

#13 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

A few people seem to alter there Age to things like that either Young or Old, Seems if I believed in Ghosts Abacus must be protected from them because of being born Today :thumbsup:

The Kids will come and clean us out in a few hours time, we have a Massive Bowl of Sweets might be some left for me hopefully hehehe we normally get around 50 Kids come each Year maybe more just depends on weather quite Cloudy at moment maybe some Rain later I don't know, there are some miserable people in the Area who act like there not Home even though you can see the TV flickering through the Windows.

Edited by woodyblade, 31 October 2008 - 11:42 AM.

#14 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

I put on a costume this year.

<-------------

#15 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

This is our first year in this house and even asking a neighbour who's been in the area longer, we don't know how many children to expect - she just said, "Lots and lots and lots!". Hmmm. If we run out of treats and then run out of coins, I'll just stick a sign on the outside of the front door wishing everyone Happy Halloween and apologize for running out of treats - I really, really don't like raw eggs! :flowers:

Bet eating all the left-over treats will be hard work, Brewster :thumbsup: Without fail - each and every year - I buy lots of treats and then discover my beloved has been munching and have to dash back out to the store to restock!

Think there should be a special punishment for nastie people who risk little ones lives at Halloween ... a friend from North Carolina said the children in her area can take their treat bags to the hospital and have them x-rayed free of charge. Good, but also so so sad.

In our area of the world, most feel that children should have an adult with them when going door to door - and if a kid is too old to have an adult accompany them, they're too old to Trick and Treat. Really love the fun for kids you described, Rowel - no wonder you had a great time watching all the happy children at play!

And a special thanks to DSTM for the 'heads up' re foil covered chocolate coins being recalled here in Canada! I honestly had no idea plus once out of the mesh bag, there is nothing on the individual foil wrappers to show who made them - but since we bought two big mesh bags of them from Costco, they're suspect - eep! - and nary a one of them will be handed out this afternoon/evening from our home! Thank you, thank you as, even if inadvertently, we'd caused harm to a child, would never have forgiven ourselves!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users