Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop sudden death

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bilabili

bilabili

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

hi, yesterday i encountered twice laptop sudden shut down.

it just turned off by itself, no shutting down process, just PFFT!

what might be the problem here?

and for 2-3 minutes, i cant turn it on..

i'm using toshiba r-15
there are 3 LED indicators in my laptop, power cable, power, and the battery.

usually if it's working normal, in off mode, the power cable indicator is on (green), the power indicator is off (no lights).
ON mode, the power cable indicator is on (green), the power indicator is on (green)

but, since the problem occured it's just blinking orange color, and i cant turn the laptop on.

could it be a software problem?

when i can finally turn it on, and there is this command prompt kind of thing, that ask me to choose:
1.Windowsxp home profesional
2.windowsxp home professional (tuneup backup)

so i chose the 1st one.

help me!
do you guys need the HJT log?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bilabili

bilabili
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

oh, and btw, i dun have any battery. spoiled. for some reason.

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

I had the same problem with a Compaq Presario R3000. I do not know if it is the same issue with your computer but this is what happened:

The solder traces on the mother board from the power supply to the battery was very poor so it had a hard time tramitting power throughout the computer and when the electrical flow got too weak, Pfft! Gone. the battery was also fried on that laptop.

It never really got fixed. But I would guess that a new battery would be a temporary fix but it sounds like your going to have to pay some big bucks for that to work properly again.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

It could be a connectivity problem where the converter plugs into the laptop. Does it seem lose in the socket? If you wiggle it does it cause any problems?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 bilabili

bilabili
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

yea. i just bought a new battery, and replaced the charger. T_T *bigbucks*

yesterday, the power adapter just socalled blew up and melted the cable.

thanks. for your help guys. i hope this wont happen again.. or else i will buy desktop. or might be a new laptop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users