Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quickbooks 2008 Simple Start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hoodsystems

hoodsystems

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

OK. Here's my problem. My eMachine up and died on me and I had it replaced with a Dell. The guy who sold it to me transferred most of the data from my old hard drive to the new PC. But I can't find my QuickBooks . I am using Simple Start 08 downloaded from the Intuit site.

I tried to download it again but I was given a message that the file already existed in my C drive (?) and did I want to overwrite it? Do I want to do this?

I also stumbled across QB File Recovery 1.0 while trying to look for solutions on the web. Is this something I want to use?

Also on my wife's desktop, there is an icon with my company name on it. When I try to "run" it I get an error and a code that I am supposed to give to Intuit support if I decide to contact them. The code is xxxxxxxx

Any assistance in helping me recover my files is appreciated. But please, I am not super computer literate so talk down to me. :thumbsup:

Update on my prob. Since I've been to 4 forums with no one being able to resolve this I decided to re-install QBSS 2008.
When I got to the "file exists/overwrite?" prompt I said yes to all. I was told that I had to uninstall the existing QB file by going to ADD/REMOVE in the control panel. I've done this before so I'm good here. However, there is NO icon for QB or Intuit. Nothing. So how do I remove a program that I can't even access from the CONTROL PANEL?

Edited by garmanma, 30 October 2008 - 02:24 PM.
not sure if # should be public

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

Use the Search function to find the old folder. Should locate it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users