Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Padraigh

Padraigh

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

alright i'll try to make this as concise and clear as possible. Here's a list of symptoms first off:

1. when I try to open itunes from the start menu/all programs/Itunes/itunes it gives me an error message - "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

2. This basically is what happens when i try to uninstall it.
Posted Image

3. however, i have an MPEG on my desktop from Itunes and if i double click that then itunes does open up and seems to work fine more or less. but when i do this this is what I see first:

Posted Image

I want to get the most recent version but I still get an error message saying something like the install can't finish because I don't have "Itunes.msi" whatever that is...

any ideas/info/questions/ would be very appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hi padraigh

I would be inclined to use REVO uninstaller to remove as many traces of your existing iTunes as possible, and then reinstall the latest version. .msi is the MicroSoft Installer version.

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Download the file needed to install iTunes and run that. It sounds like the uninstaller file for iTunes is gone.

#4 magickagate

magickagate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

Ok, here's my problem. I have Windows 10 and I've been trying to install iTunes but I keep getting an error message (ERROR 7). All the info I can get from my computer is that the program is incompatable, but that's impossible since I've been able to download QuickTime and iCloud. I also get a message telling me that I don't have Mobile Audio Privledges. I have no idea why that is popping up all of a sudden.

Any ideas or solutions?

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

@magickagate #4

First of all - welcome to BC.

Next, there is a general policy on BC that if you have a problem you start your own topic for it. The reason for this is quite simple - while the symptoms of your problem may sound the same, the cause may be much different.

In this case this sounds like a Win 10 problem, so I suggest you start a topic in the Win 10 section. Just do what you did here - a note on your OS and the make and model of your computer and the same description of the problem you just gave.. And best of luck with a solution.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users