Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions
or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Please download DrWeb-CureIt
and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt
- Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program.
- Cancel any prompts to download the latest CureIt version and click Start.
- At the prompt to "Start scan now", click Ok. Allow the setup.exe/driver to load if asked by any of your security programs.
- The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
- If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
- When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
- Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
- In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
- Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
- When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
- Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
- In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)