Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexplained system freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

Lately I've been experiencing these system lock-ups whenever I play any graphical game on my desktop. They're completely random but when they strike everything freezes up, any audio repeats endlessly, and it requires a hard reboot. I've tried updating drivers to their latest versions for my video card but I've seen no change to this fact. This problem only started a few weeks ago, and never before have I encountered anything like it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

Won't guarantee it to work, but its worth a shot and will only help your computer. Run disk cleanup utility and defrag the harddrive. I use http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download for defragging because its 100x faster and more effective than microsofts built in version.
Besides that you should crack open the case and clean the computer, there's an excellent tutorial on here somewhere but I'm on the wrong computer to link it to you :thumbsup:

#3 Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

Looks like cleaning the CPU fan fixed the problem. So far no more lock ups and my temp is now back down in the 50's to low 60's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users