Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem caused by ActiveX control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mischelle

Mischelle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hope some-one can help me with this problem, I went to attach photo's to an email which I've done on many occassions and was prompted to upgrade my photo application by Hotmail which required clicking on the yellow ActiveX bar across the top, when I did this a message came up saying
"Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files\iexplore.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. When I clicked OK the internet dropped out and I had to reboot to get back on....this happens every time I try to attach photo's on Hotmail or on Gmail and Windows Live no longer recognizes me as a user saying my ID does not exist or is incorrect Error Code: 80048821. I run Symantec Client Security and also Reg Cure. Symantec has quarantined a virus when all this happened and the only other information is as follows: sz App Name:ieplore.ex
sz App Ver: 7.0.6000.16705
sz ModName: hungapp
sz Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0. offset:00000000
Don't know if any of this makes any sense but it's driving me nuts not being able to send photos, oh I forgot to mention I don't have any problems sending files - just uploading photos. I'm pretty much a computer novice so any help would really be appreciated. I emailed Microsoft but got no joy from them at all :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling your Hotmail application?

http://msn-errors.blogspot.com/2007/01/error-80048821.html

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 30 October 2008 - 08:33 AM.

#3 Mischelle

Mischelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Haven't tried that but will give it a go if you can give me a quick run down on how to go about it, as I mentioned I'm a total novice so simple step by step instructions would be totally appreciated. Regards Mischelle. Just checked the errors.blogspot which looks like it may fix the windowslive problem but am mainly concerned with being able to send photos do you think fixing the Windowlive problem will fix this is well as seems to be a different error message.

Edited by Mischelle, 30 October 2008 - 07:13 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

I don't anything about Hotmail...other than the name/word :thumbsup:.

But I'm pretty sure that they have a forum where knowledgeable users trade/share information.

As for the fix...my approach is, "I don't know if it will work or not, but it cannot make things any worse."

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users