Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music Skips and Pops (only on one screen of dual screen)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starr0stealer

starr0stealer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Alright guys, this one is really crazy.

I'll start simple, BRAND NEW INSTALL, nothing installed other than Windows Update over and over and over until no more show.
More recent driver from Dells site. The driver windows update gives makes everything crash. (re-installed windows after I tried that driver) no left overs found hehe..

Ok, computer specs.
Dual Core (E2140) @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
1.96 RAM (video took some :thumbsup: )
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3
Windows Media Player 11 (no matter what player it does this junk)
Nothing else is installed yet, I keep formating trying to stop this issue. Well MSN messenger is installed, And I goto Myspace.com

left (On board video) ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
right (PCI Card) Radeon 9200 PRO Family

Ok.. the issue. At first its hard to notice, since nothing is installed yet, so once windows boots, the PCI card becomes the main card, has the login screen, start menu and all... when the issue happens , task manager, on Peformance, it doesnt show much to say its bogged down, RARELY when it skips the left side of the processors is just a little higher up, but that means nothing right.

Well.. heres the weird part of it. So if I turn on visualization it is none stop skipping popping you name it, BUT if I move it to the onboard screen, it stops.. but get this.. If I goto now playing, and have the playlist open. and I make its 50 50, visualization - playlist.. and i move windows media player to both screens, making sure visualization is not on the PCI screen. it doesnt do it as bad. Unless I move around a window on the PCI screen.
On myspace. I cant view a site that has sound unless its on the onboard screen. Scroll bar, anything,, it skips so bad. Flash games anything like that.
I also noticed that if I have a PDF open it does this. but only if its on the PCI screen. not if its on the onboard screen.

Guys, I don't know what to say. i'v tried what I thought. which is mainly drivers. the really messed up deal. This machine is from work, I have the same setup. only difference at work I have TONS installed.

Word ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starr0stealer

starr0stealer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

This computer is a Dell Optiplex 320
Onboard sound card (SoundMAX Intergrated Digital HD Audio)

I was reading through google and finaly found something that kinda helped.. Really weird too..

This guy had similar issue with just windows media player, but he only had one screen so he couldnt bare it.

But it turns out it only (solidly) pops and skips with the (Alchemy visualization) the others is not so bad, only when theres huge changes in whats on the screen.

BUT stil when PDFs open. or viewing flash or myspace on the PCI screen it skips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users