Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Hotmail Design

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

What a surprise when I opened one of my Hotmail accounts in Firefox 3 today. Cleaner look. A Linux appearance you might say.

So far I haven't noticed any problems.

It seems much faster navigating thru the mail folders, etc.

Clicked on options and was presented with 4 different themes that I could mouse over and watch them applied to
the program. Neat. Chose the purplish one.

Checked another account using IE and it doesn't show any change nor did I get a notice of any change in IE. Maybe it will show up later.

Maybe now I want be getting those occassional notices that I need to upgrade my browser. Maybe.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:05 AM

>>>So far I haven't noticed any problems.<<<

Unfortunately it has given me problems in that when using my default browser, Opera, my inbox opens ok, but I cannot read any mails as there is no response to any mouse clicks, either on my mails or on any of the links along the top of the page.

And that is with Opera set to "identify as Internet Explorer"

Opera worked fine with the old style Hotmail, but now to read my mails I must use IE7..........the only site I use where Opera does not work.

Edited by alumbagh, 30 October 2008 - 03:06 AM.

#3 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Concerning Opera----read this on the web.

http://my.opera.com/LorenzoCelsi/blog/hotmail
Wednesday, 29. October 2008, 09:51:24
In case some Opera folks read this blog, Microsoft Live Hotmail does not support Opera (it is not in the list of suggested browsers) and in fact it does not work with Opera v. 9.61 I am using now .
On a side note, it works with Firefox 3.0, Firefox being among the 3 suggested browsers with IE and Safari but does not work with Firefox 3.1.
My guess is the old story about "version check - load different JS".
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users