Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VoIP and Firewalls

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Amedeus

Amedeus

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

My friend and I are trying to do a Podcast, but I can't get VoIP programs to connect on my computer, for whatever reason. I've been told that it's likely due to a firewall, so I'd like to know if there's anything out there I can use to detect which firewalls are active on my computer? The three I know of are McAfee, Windows, and my router's, and I've tried it with all of those shut off and am thinking it might be another one somewhere that I either forgot about or never really knew about in the first place. It can happen.

If you have any other ideas why a VoIP phone/program wouldn't connect, I'd be glad to hear those, too! Anything that might help is always useful.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it looked like the best bet. Feel free to move it if need be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users