Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp AntiSpyware 2009

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rick982

rick982

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hi. I have recently had a problem with the virus Xp AntiSpyware 2009. I have gotten rid of it so far with Nod32, and Malware Byte's AntiMalware. After i did that, i had to reboot to remove some viruses which MBAM wanted me to. When i rebooted, my computer would go to the loading screen and would keep restarting. I have reset all settings in the BIOS and changed the boot configuration and order, and it still won't boot up. I have no idea of what to do. Also, it wont go into safe mode or anything that is related to the F8 boot menu. My operating system is Windows xp professional. I am almost ready to wipe the hard drive.

Edited by rick982, 29 October 2008 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Hi Rick - Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:

What is your operating system? Do you have your original Operating system CDs?

This may be an option. Performing a repair installation - Windows XP

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Thanks Rigel. My computer is Windows XP Proffesional. I do have the original CD's. I cannot boot up so i dont know how i can perform a repair installation. Also, when i put the disc in to read it while its booting just like if you were to install a new operating system, my cd-rom has stopped working since the virus attack.

Edited by rick982, 29 October 2008 - 06:12 PM.

#4 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

Actually my cd-rom is working. Let my try your option out.

#5 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Ok. My computer keeps reading it but it skips it, and it shows the XP loading screen, and then keeps restarting. Any other options? :thumbsup:

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Just making sure I understand... Your CD is in the drive and when the computer starts, it the CD drive blinks and then Windows trys to start? If I remember correctly, you should get a message asking you if you want to boot to the cd drive - and to press a key. Do you see that message? One other thing to check is boot order. Enter setup and check to see that the cd is checked before booting to the hard drive.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#7 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

It is in the drive and it blinks but then just restarts. The Cd-rom is the first one to be checked to be booted up from.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Can you put your hands on a friends XP Pro cd? As long as you are legal and have a certificate of authenticity, the repair install should work. Just be sure to use your licence.

#9 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

I have two cd's and have license keys for both. I don't know why the cd-rom won't read it. The computer just doesn't like either of em.

#10 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

Since neither of my cd's work, what other choices do i have?

#11 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

It sounds like your cd drive is dirty or defective. Was it working prior to the infection? You can try a cd drive cleaner from your local store. I think they run around $10.

#12 rick982

rick982
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

It was working before the virus. i will considering buying another one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users