Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connecting and disconnecting constantly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 binx1310

binx1310

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

Just installed a new wireless card into my mates computer (XP Pro sp3) and it constantly keeps disconnecting, It would be acquring network address for literally a second then disconnected. I set a static IP and it now says connected for a second then disconnects. The wireless network is good as they have a laptop which connects fine.

I have never seen this before and whether it could be the wireless card not being installed properly or beign faulty, as if the power keeps cutting to it. Could try a different pci slot, havent had a go yet.
Any other ideas would be greatfully recieved.

will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 binx1310

binx1310
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

Just an update, swapped the card into a different pci slot and still the same problem.

#3 harb

harb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hi, I was just wondering if you were still having this problem and if not what your solution was. I seem to be having the same problem with my network connecting for maybe a second and then disconnecting immediately. The problem isn't isolated to the hardware as I've tried wired as well as a different wireless card and they all do the same thing. I thought that perhaps it was a Corrupt TCP/IP problem but nothing I've done seems to fix it. If you or anyone else has an more information on this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by harb, 15 December 2008 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users