Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP wont load!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Xblade12100

Xblade12100

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

hey,

anyways im on my friends laptop because on my computer and downloaded some torrents

checked with NOD32 as like any other person, the next day i booted and than my msn loads and than, it loads than i put on safari and than BAM i crashed it was bad, it was frozen for 10 minutes and than decided to restart

than the evil NTLD or something like that came up, i restarted a few times and got the same messege and than i shut off the power bar than on, it now says its missing my windows/system32/config/system

ouch

now i go into safemode and than it gives the same error windows/system32/config/system

kk so now im here,

heres the worse part

i cant find me ORGINAL windows xp cd,

dam

so can i get a fix, do i use the bartPE???

anything, i just want to scan and clean the system and keep ALL OF my files,

well except the bad ones,

please please HELP

kk just tell me what to do because i have it somewhere but i have another question

can i install vista but have all of my files STILL there???

or would i have to back up than a clean install of vista

Edited by Xblade12100, 29 October 2008 - 07:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

can i install vista but have all of my files STILL there??? or would i have to back up than a clean install of vista?

No, best to have a fresh install.
Is your computer going to be able to handle Vista system requirements?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

kk than so 1st i cant tell, my computer is pretty good for vista, besides i didnt buy it yet

2nd, how can i connect my hard drive to another computer for back up, do i use a cable or just put it in another computer to copy???

#4 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

KK major update!!!! it seems that i found my XP cd, now heres where it gets REALLY BAD!!!!!

i pop in the cd and had it load, clicked enter, F8 and than, blue screen of death about page default thing,

no automatic restart so after this post im going to try BARTpe but i dont know if i can do it,

just please help because the major thing that i would have to do is download a hard-drive eraser and ERASE the whole hard drive but if i had to do that than tell me how to back up my hard drive, i dont want to hook it up to another PC and copy it over

thanks

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

it seems that i found my XP cd,

SFC /scannow
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

Remember, when you boot to the CD, you have to enter the BIOS and change the boot order to have the CD/DVD drive be the first one

A repair install should leave files intact
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

well, how do the scan if my computer cant get in repair, when i get in repair, the BSOD (Blue screen of death) Comes, it taunts me and im back where i started,

do i do the cmd line in bartpe, this is what im asking!!!!

#7 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

MAJOR UPDATE:

i was lucky, bartpe works but now, how do i back up my files????

i know that you can make a zip but, thats it

please help and also a spybot search and destory plugin brings up the blue screen of death when used

ouch

#8 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:29 AM

major update, again

last night i tried and used an avast plug-in but it worked a little, at lest i know that i didnt get infected with new virus,

i just think that, launching msn, safari and ending google update will glitch and destory your system!!!

because google has to get in my system32 but ending it is fine, but with 2 or more items trying to pop-up its a death game

anways can anyone find me a plug-in, like nero or something, with everything in-it to go

thanks

#9 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

I HAVE BACKED UP MY DATE!!!

now i want to partition it but i cant, i get BSOD when i try to partiton in the windows xp cd

#10 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

close this, problem re-solved

#11 Xblade12100

Xblade12100
  • Topic Starter