Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connected - But computer won’t access it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rapid8

Rapid8

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

Hi...

My daughter has an HP laptop with Vista, she’s on BTinternet (wired) she uses Google search bar from the basic internet explorer icon, and has Norton 360, the internet is shared with another desktop comp, and that works fine,

The problem, is when she tries to access the internet, and regardless of what search bar, link or programme that access’s it, she keeps getting a blank white screen with just a text saying

(Trace back most recent caller/n file c pyagcore pyagcore/ _ inip_ py
Line 3 in module n import error no module named shell/n
)

And she says a message has popped up from somewhere saying

(Desktop alert.exe has stopped working)

I’ve tried virus scanning, restore points, and other basic clean ups, and still nothing, and downloaded M/s updates, and although she can’t access the net, says they’ve been installed?

I don’t mind dropping it in the comp shop, but before I do, I’d rather check with you guys first, in case there’s an easy solution to sorting this out, or at least be armed with some info before I take it in for repair,

So any ideas would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers for reading, …Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rapid8

Rapid8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

I just like to say, the problem is now sorted, don’t ask me what I did, (I just started clicking away at everything I could think of, and it started up again)

It may recur, but at the moment my little one’s happy, and that’s all that matters, lol :thumbsup:

ATB

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users