Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I enable the logon screen?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Activa

Activa

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

A friend asked me to have a look at their computer as it was heavily infected with spyware/trojans/viruses. (Its a Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop XP Home sp 3)

I' think it is now free from infection. I also removed many toolbars and disabled unecessary programs from starting up, however, on boot up the windows login screen has disappeared how do I re enable the logon function? If I boot up in safe mode the logon window is there. I am loathe to mess around with it too much as it is not my pc. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:29 PM

If I recall right... Start > Control Panel > User Accounts

Your options should be in there. If there's only one account (ie, you) left, simply enable the Guest account and you should get the login screen on your next reboot.

If I recall right.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

Per Google: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable/Enable-the-...-Welcome-Screen

Louis

#4 Activa

Activa
  • Topic Starter