Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

thinking of switching my companies blackberry out for an active sync phone HELP!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

Not sure what forum to put this in. I have been using the blackberry a little over a year now and think it is the best business phone on the market with the exception of one thing. In my business I keep a lot of contacts in my outlook and when I speak to clients or employees I type notes in the contacts section of outlook and am used to having them on my phone while on the go because with active sync which is what I had with my previous phone used to wirelessly sync my phone while I am running around town and I was able to conduct business while on the move. With blackberry 8130 I need to have an enterprise server which I donít or I believe I could buy software that does it but I donít believe in doing this because all other pdaís that I know of is free. Now I find myself making a decision of going back with a phone that uses active sync for myself and my employees if there is not a solution. And getting rid of my blackberries. I was told by blackberry that unite solves this problem but from what I see I would have to manually type each entry in. I have hundreds of contacts and cannot do this. My business revolves around outlook. Is their a solution to this problem? If so I would be very happy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

Nothing free
http://www.berryreview.com/2008/10/16/astr...for-blackberry/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Nothing free
http://www.berryreview.com/2008/10/16/astr...for-blackberry/

Yes but this unite software is supposed to do this.

#4 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for this. This is very inexpensive so I will probably get this.

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

Actually. I went to install this and realize that it still needs an exchange server. So they are basically selling the same software that blackberry gives for free.

#6 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:17 AM

I have tried everything short of getting an enterprise server which is very expensive. All the 3rd party apps that I can find still require an exchenge server. I dont want to get rid of my blackberry for an active sync phone because of all of the great biz features it has. If someone knows a way please help. I am losing too much money not being able to sync my contacts wirelessly.

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

I assume no one has a resolution to this problem?

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,136 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

I am researching your topic. Do you have the Blackberry desktop software?

Edit: if not you can get it here

You can sync Outlook software with BlackBerry offline using the USB cable and Intellisync (Blackberry Desktop Manager). All Blackberry mobile phones have excellent Microsoft Outlook synchronization capabilities.

Connect the Blackberry to your computer, open the Intellisync application and In the Synchronize now section, select the Synchronization PIM check box. Click Synchronize now.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 22 November 2008 - 08:27 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users