Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

launch manager hotkey app causing crash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scousie

scousie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi, i hope i get this right, and hope it's in the right

I have a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO LI 2727, with Vista home basic, only a couple months old.

For the last 2 or 3 weeks it has been randomly crashing and flashing an error box up so fast i haven't had a chance to read it before the pc totally crashed (no shutdown sequence just turns of! )

Well tonight i managed to catch some of it which is .......(sorry if i don't get it right)

C:/program files/launch manager/hotkey app has terminated unexpectedly.

The box showing that shows for a split second then shuts down, i cant fathom why it does it, i considered a system restore, but system restore on this laptop only goes back to the 23rd oct, and i need it to go a few weeks back.
I was worried about removing Launch manager or hotkey as to turn wireless on on this daft laptop i have to press Fn+F1 together to start it up, which is a nuisance to do everytime i start it up.
I would be immensley grateful for any help, thanks in advance, scouse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scousie

scousie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:49 AM

Can anyone help me please?

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:31 AM

Are you using AutoHotkeys? Which launch manager are you using?

#4 scousie

scousie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

I think the only hotkeys i use are for turning the wireless on (fn+f1)
I'm not sure what launch manager i have though, is there a way to find out?

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Did you download the launch manager yourself, or was it pre-installed? Reading your post a little more carefully this time, you are able to boot up, but every once in a while it crashes. My initial idea would be to get rid of the launch manager and trying something different. You can use explorer to look in your program files and see what is in the launch manager. I assume that it must have some sort of an interface where a person can add whatever application it is that they want the launch manager to handle?

#6 scousie

scousie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

It came with the Launch manager installed, theres a wiswbset icon there that starts my wireless, yes you are right, the laptop works great, just keeps randomly crashing.
I've just tried ending the hotkeyapp process in task manager, see if that stops it crashing, i would be really happy to find a different thing i can use instead of hotkeyapp as i believe this is whats causing my problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users