Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URGENT HELP!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 .Connor

.Connor

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

So ive bought hosting and forum software, Is their anyone here willing to upload it for me? :thumbsup:

[Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw]

Edited by jgweed, 28 October 2008 - 06:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

Sure. I charge $250 per hour for setup, with a 2 hour minimum, paid in advance. :thumbsup:

#3 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

Sure. I charge $250 per hour for setup, with a 2 hour minimum, paid in advance. :flowers:

Hahaha! :thumbsup:
very nice groovicus...very nice...

So .Conner, what kind of software did you buy, and what's all in the package that you want uploaded? Is it just a plain website, or like a forum?

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

@Aanders5-I see you are interested in Bioinformatics... a noble endeavor. I do bioinformatics research at the University of South Dakota. My team (not mine, but rather the team I am on) develops for bioextract.org. Are you looking at colleges yet?

#5 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

@Aanders5-I see you are interested in Bioinformatics... a noble endeavor. I do bioinformatics research at the University of South Dakota. My team (not mine, but rather the team I am on) develops for bioextract.org. Are you looking at colleges yet?

I was, as of now I will be attending Grand Valley State University in 2009. I know that they have computer and biological classes, however I haven't found any closer schools (including neighboring states) that have specific bioinformatic classes.

My goal is to primarily go more into the tech side, with a siding of biology, I love bio, but I'm fascinated and obsessed with Technology, especially the web/programming area.

I believe I was in South Dakota shortyl about 2 years ago when my family took an "out-west" trip, my "cousin" works for the DNR, don't quote me, but he is either in Utah or Idaho. Can't remember for sure.

(I think I'm really going to like you groovicus) :thumbsup:

offtopic: About how long does it usually take for a normal admin on here to reply to a pm? I know that it may take some time with a larger forum, I was just curious about how much pm traffic they usually get, and the typical response time.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

It depends on the PM. If I get a PM that says "will you help me with my problem," it will never get answered because I don't help via PM. None of the rest of the staff do either. If we are notified of spam or other problems, we try to take care of it as soon as possible. And sometimes we are just too busy with our lives to do anything more than our administrative duties. So the short answer is that it depends.

#7 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

It depends on the PM. If I get a PM that says "will you help me with my problem," it will never get answered because I don't help via PM. None of the rest of the staff do either. If we are notified of spam or other problems, we try to take care of it as soon as possible. And sometimes we are just too busy with our lives to do anything more than our administrative duties. So the short answer is that it depends.

Actually, it was a recruitment thread started by Grinler, and it prompted me to pm him. Rarely do i ask for tech help, and I never pm a staff member as your problem's should be conducted on the forum board, unless otherwise stated. Pm'ing a staff member about a problem pretty much ruins the whole point of having a forum.

For my own problems I usually just trial and error the situation on my own computer and figure out. That's what I did with my malware and HJT log yesterday. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users