I've had my custom computer that I built for ~4yrs. Always worked fine. But now got some problems.
Around 1 month ago, I noticed my comp would restart it self for no reason. I would say it happned once a week, so didnt really bother me. Well a week ago, I cleaned and reseated all components and installed a 2nd DVD ROM drive. Computer worked normal until 2 days ago. I woke up that morning and my computer was running but nothing was on the screen. Tried moving my mouse and pressing keys thinking it went to sleep, but no response. So I restarted the computer and now the POST screen will not even load. My fans are running (CPU FAN, POWER SUPPLY FAN). But I get no video of any kind.
My Comp :
Intel D915GAV (has onboard video)
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ (Or maybe 3.8GHZ Not to sure.)
350W Power Supply
2 SATA HDs (80GB, 400GB)
1 PATA HD (120GB)
1 DVD RW Drive (Samsung)
1 DVD ROW Drive (Samsung)
2 DDR RAM's x 512MB (Kingston and Corsair)
1 Video Card (GeForce I think)
So these are the things I've checked :
1. Switched to the onboard video. (Thinking maybe the video card went bad) Still no POST screen.
2. Unplugged some/all components. (Thinking maybe my Power Supply overloaded). Still no POST screen.
3. Reseated RAM and switched with another. Still no POST screen.
4. Reseated CPU and CPU Fan/Heatsink. Still no POST screen.
5. I hear no beeps from the onboard speaker indicating possible problems.
6. Installed new thermal compound and removed the CMOS battery for 30min Still no POST screen.
1. Could this problem happen due to insufficient thermal compound between the CPU and CPU Heatsink?
2. Could this problem be that my Power Supply is bad. (Maybe working at a low voltage?)
I really hope that my CPU or Motherboard didnt "die".
Any help/suggestions is appreciated.
Edited by playboidee, 29 October 2008 - 01:09 PM.