Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4umail.net 4.0GB Free email

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jackie43

jackie43

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:35 PM

http://4umail.net 2.0 has just been lanched. Now they offer you 4GB free email 500mB send limit p/Day and 500 message send limit p/Day, with 150MB Message size. 4umail.net is now better then ever with its new webmail interface and rock stabe servers, 4umail.net is hear to stay. So stop reading this post and go check it out http://4umail.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the info but i noticed that there front page has some wrong info on Gmail. I allready have enough e-mail accounts some i can't even keep track of.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:56 PM

Your right Frankie it does have some wrong info about Gmail. Also I went to create a new account to test it out, however I got this lovely Error Message:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:20 PM

This seems to be a relatively new service, and I wish them the best. However I cannot find any real information about where they are located, etc., on their site. They do include a lot of good applications in their "security suite" but most people should have these already.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:22 AM

They also have some wrong info one Yahoo (it says yahoo dosn't have POP3 well for my account it does).

#6 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

HELP is awful. Far too technical and complicated for someone like me. It is a complete 'turnoff'. I like things to be simple and 4umail's HELP is not. This is my computing gripe. It is just a simple to write a HELP section which is easy to understand as it is to write a load of gobbledegook. Does anybody else feel the same?
oldsoldier

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

I took a second look at the site, and it seems pretty amateurish, even for a brand-new service (the administrators do not know how to spell or design a decent web-page). While it offers a lot of benefits, I wonder about its longevity; with all the free E-mail accounts offered by companies that have been around for quite a while, I wonder if 4Gigs of storage would be enough to warrant taking a chance that it will be around in six months.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users