Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Compaq 6720s Graphics Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shahzad Afzal

Shahzad Afzal

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hi! Dear friends.............

i have purchased "HP Compaq 6720s" 1.8GHz + 1GB RAM and installed XP Profesison SP2 but now i am unable to install Graphics Driver...

Please help....... i have downloaded HP Graphics driver form official HP site but it did not work......

i m w8ing for help..............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:21 AM

Hi Shahzad.
I take it the way your post is worded that you installed XP on the laptop from a freshly formatted drive?
It comes standard with Vista. XP was an optional "custom" downgrade install.
If so, go back to the HP site. Download and install the chipset drivers and reboot.
Remove and reinstall graphics drivers afterwards. Reboot again.
I would leave the link but not sure what language version you require. You know where to get them anyways.
Let us know if the problem still exists.

#3 Shahzad Afzal

Shahzad Afzal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hi Shahzad.
I take it the way your post is worded that you installed XP on the laptop from a freshly formatted drive?
It comes standard with Vista. XP was an optional "custom" downgrade install.
If so, go back to the HP site. Download and install the chipset drivers and reboot.
Remove and reinstall graphics drivers afterwards. Reboot again.
I would leave the link but not sure what language version you require. You know where to get them anyways.
Let us know if the problem still exists.

Thanks for replying....... but i buy system without any OS.... so VISTA was not installed. There was only DOS installed, i formatted the drive created new partition and then i installed WinXp............ still unable to install Graphics drive.........

actually drive is installed but its not working..... coz my system is wide screen but display is square with black screen on right and left.... and if try to change the display settings display goes offfffffffff............. :thumbsup: :flowers: and never comes until system is restored to some previous setting or driver is uninstalled from safe mode..................

waiting for suggestions...

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

but i buy system without any OS.... so VISTA was not installed. There was only DOS installed, i formatted the drive created new partition and then i installed WinXp

That's what I figured. My first reply still stands.
The chipset drivers are customized for XP on that laptop. Anytime you format a drive like that, those chipset drivers must be obtained and installed from the manufacturers website. The graphics controller and mainboard chipset work together whenever you're dealing with on-board video. I am not saying it will fix it but it needs to be eliminated so that we can move on if neccessary. Make sure you get the ones for XP. (not vista)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users