(Note: I am not an expert in this field yet, and if you are uncomfortable following any of my instructions before getting a more experienced user's second opinion, that is fine)
Have you tried a scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware? Or kaspersky? If not, please do the following:
Download, install, update and run MalwareBytes Anti-malware.Malwarebytes
After the file is installed, open
the program and go to the "Update" Tab, check for updates
, the program should automatically install the latest updates.
Choose the "scanner" tab, and run a full scan
. After the scan is complete, it will display the infected items, make sure all items are checked and then click "Remove Selected"
.It will also display a log file in notepad, copy and paste that logfile in your next reply. -- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
After you reboot your computer, the logfile will be located in the MBAM program. Open the program and go to the "logs" tab and open the most recent log (the one you just ran)
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner.This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.* Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
* Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.
* Click on Accept and install any components it needs.
* The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
* After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
* This will start the program and scan your system.
* The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
* Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
* Now, click on the Save Report as button.
* Save the file to your desktop.
* Copy and paste that information in your next post.This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.Please post back with:
- Kaspersky Log
Edited by xblindx, 28 October 2008 - 05:07 PM.