Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uh... C disk devided its self?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renamon

Renamon

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

Ok, let m re-do this post. My C drive hasn't cut it's self in half, but seems to have reduced its self. I had about 50 gigs, now it reads as only about 37.

Edited by Renamon, 27 October 2008 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

Hi.

Without basic info such as your make, model, and OS it is a bit difficult to give you meaningful advice, but try right clicking on My Computer/Manage/Disk Management and see if you get anywhere there.

A handy tool is Sequoia View. http://w3.win.tue.nl/nl/onderzoek/onderzoe...n/sequoiaview//

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Renamon

Renamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

At school, so I can't test it now, but I have a Dell Pentium (Origonal.)

I also have Windows XP pro, servicepack 2.

The total memory origionally, if I remember correctly was about 50 gigs, now it says the total is 37.5, or along those lines.

I had a game on the system which I deleted last night that was pretty much testing the computer's limits (The computer isn't great.) Is there any way the game might have converted free space to some kind of memory?

#4 Renamon

Renamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

So far, only been able to free up space (From 9% to 17-19%) No idea how the 10 gigs disappeared tho. Any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users