Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting up skype for grandfather - everything needs to be auto

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beefsalami

beefsalami

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hello!

I am trying to set up skype for my incapable and completely tech-dumb grandfather, so that he can see his family overseas. I am very determined to get this to work however i have no solution for a few setbacks, so i thought people in this forum could help. Note that i too am not too good with computers.

When the computer is turned on with a push of the power button, i have 2 programs set to 'start up': skype and a program that launches my internet - 'mobile connect'.

I have set skype to sign in automatically. However, there is no way to set the 'mobile connect' application to automatic. It asks for a password first then I have to click a 'connect to internet' button which connects to the internet. Is there a way i can set this to automatic? Perhaps a program or script that will do this automatically whenever 'mobile connect' is started?

Also, once 'mobile connect' is connected to the internet, it sometimes randomly disconnects, which is disasterous. Is there a way to set the computer to reconnect to the internet whenever it disconnects? All that is needed is for the mouse cursor to click on the connect button once and it is done.

These are the two main problems and if anyone could suggest a solution it would help tremendously. Note that this program 'mobile connect' is a cheap program provided by my internet provider to launch the internet and there is no way to configure it to automatically reconnect or such.

Thanks alot,
Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

however i have no solution for a few setbacks

And you call your grandfather dumb? Talk about lack of respect.......... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users