Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Converting! Help appreciated..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 damnMacs

damnMacs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Back from macs. Ive spent 800$ (not including the 1400$ I spent to buy it) on my macbook and I refuse to spend another penny on it. I'm looking for advice on what is the best laptop I can spend 750$ on(I would really prefer not to go over this). I'm a Pre Law college student so all I really need it for is browsing, music, videos, and homework. I really have no idea where to start because Ive been brought up as such a macHead.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

If I aspired to own a laptop which was not bought with the intent of gaming...I would simply visit the Dell site and shop.

Any laptop easily handles the routine stuff, just as any desktop does these days.

Louis

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

You can also go to Newegg and see if they have any deals, I found several to choose from.

HP Pavilion dv7-1130us NoteBook - Tons of memory, a huge screen, and a decent hard drive. If you plan on carting this thing around to every single class it may not be the best choice given its size.
TOSHIBA Satellite A355-S6879 NoteBook - A slightly smaller version of the previous HP notebook, doesn't have as much memory though.
ASUS N10 Series N10J-A2 Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz) - If you like small and lightweight, this one is for you. The keyboard is not great if you have large hands.

3939.png

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

Right... Homework... (Haha just kidding.)

Just bought a lappy for my self not too long ago and it performs amazingly!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834115482

But if you don't like acer or something about that laptop anything on this page should suit your price range for the laptop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....00%20-%20%24750

At a curiosity if you don't mind me asking why are you switching back from a Mac, and what forced you to spend an additional 800$?

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 28 October 2008 - 07:05 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

I've repaired notebooks in my spare time over ten years now.
When it comes to on-line support and field service manuals, there is no one better then Lenovo and Dell.
Avoid Sony like the plague. Toshiba, though well built, is also very poor in these departments.
If you're a do-it-yourselfer, I recommend the above two.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

I echo Hitsquad's recommendation
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users