Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean Log Now But What is This?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 brelle

brelle

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:35 AM

Thanks to your expert help, I recently finally rid myself of one of those horrendous hijacker spyware bugs. My last posted log of a week ago was given a clean bill of health, but yesterday and today, I receive this error message when I turn on the computer in the morning and its loading:

Error--cannot locate SDKQH32.DLL to load
(or something to that effect)

I believe it's trying to relaunch another hijacker again but can't because it no longer actually exists or all of my protections are working. I did a search for it and found it at the following in System Start-Up:

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Spybot-Search & Destroy\Snapshots

went to Properties on that and discovered it was a CSV File, and opens with Word. Created on 7/27 at 5:05:40 and modified on 7/27 at 5:05:42

which makes me further think it's up to no good and trying something.

Also, I have been operating in Selective Startup since I started to repair the original. Can I know go back to Normal Startup??

Thanks again for all of your help.
Ron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:44 AM

You can go back to normal startup.

The snapshot directory isjust a copy of your registry. Prob done when you had the initial infection. You can delete the contents of that directory if you wish.

Post a new log in the Hijackthis forum. Please be sure to update the hijackthis as there is a new version from here:

Download HijackThis from:

HijackThis Download Site #1

or
HijackThis Download Site #2

#3 brelle

brelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:48 PM

thank you. but how do I delete that particular directory?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:56 PM

Click on start, then run, and type:

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\Spybot-Search & Destroy\Snapshots

When it opens up delete all the contents of that directory. Do not delete the directory itself though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users